Today's guest: Amanda of Vinyl Rocks My World
Twitter is one of the easiest (but addicting!) ways to market yourself.
* Post links to your new listings
* Talk about current and upcoming projects
* Brainstorm and get opinions from others
* Get to know your peers
2. MAKE A BLOG
Blogging is pretty easy, so long as you can think of things to say. Again, more people read when it isn't all about you.
* Feature fellow crafters
* Feature resources you're using
* Share a new website that you’ve found
* Host giveaways from your shop or shops of others
* Include pictures in your post – they’re much more interesting than text
3. CHAT A WHILE, WON'T YOU?
The Etsy forums are a great way to promote yourself!
* Post about current sales or new listings in Promotions threads
* Answer the questions of new members
* Provide critiques if asked
4. BUSINESS CARDS
Always, always, ALWAYS carry business cards! You never know when you'll need them.
* Share them with post office employees when you mail your packages
* When sharing your personal phone number/email address with others, hand them a business card; they might just check out your shop!
* If your business comes up in conversations, share a business card
5. MISCELLANEOUS IDEAS
* Create a Facebook fan page
* Post ads on Craigslist
* Add your Etsy mini to your personal Facebook page
* Use Project Wonderful to advertise your shop
Above all, be positive, helpful, and network with your fellow crafters! Helping others will promote yourself more than you can imagine.
Thanks, Amanda! Now, over to you. How do you spread the word about your Etsy shop?
P.S. Be sure to check out Amanda's shop, where she sells the coolest record bowls you've ever seen!