Want to create a visually attractive ad for your handmade shop? Perhaps you are a shop owner who wants to advertise more, but you don’t have a suitable ad. Or perhaps you already have an ad for your shop, but it needs sprucing up.
Either way, this set of 5 tutorials can help you create a banner ad that will attract more customers!
Create a Banner Ad – Part 1: Research
If you’ve ever spent time visiting crafty blogs, you’ve probably seen some fabulous ads in the sidebars. Well, drool no longer. Now you can have an attractive ad like that, too!
We all know that it’s not nice to copy, but sometimes browsing through blogs or websites for ad inspiration is just what we need to get started.
Here is today’s assignment:
- Visit some blogs or websites that you enjoy (particularly those with sidebar ads).
- Take note of ads that catch your attention. What makes them attractive? Do they inspire you to click and visit the shop?
- Now, take some specific notes:
- Are your favorite ads animated (blinking, rotating, changing) or static (stay the same)?
- If they are animated, how many different frames do the ads have?
- Is the animation fast or slow?
- What color palettes do your favorite ads use? (bright, bold, muted, calming)
- Do the ads show products only, or are they mixed with text?